"Love is the Law" - The Suburbs
Hey, time to check in. Sorry for no Mother's Day shout out -- I was pledged and duty bound to tend to chores around the homestead and then it was off to dinner. (The son, sadly, was up to his eyeballs in finals preparation, so it was Mother's Day sans child.)
- As expected, the Minnesota Senate passed marriage equality today and Governor Mark Dayton is expected to sign the bill into law tomorrow. It's one of the few political things that is making me happy these days, what with all the Benghazi and IRS bullshit permeating the airwaves.
- Jamelle Bouie has a chilling piece about the possibility of the Republicans trying to impeach Obama on the strength of these bogus scandals. It would be madness of course, but madness is exactly what I expect from these assholes.
- Jamelle also has a succinct piece on racist researcher Jason Richwine. See also TNC, who puts Richwine's work in its ugly historical context.
- Also at the Prospect, a good take on the "upside down economy" by Harold Meyerson.
- But in the interest of always leaving 'em laughing, I have to say there has been a treasure trove of fun with Thomas Friedman in the past few days. First, the great Taibbi piece in Rolling Stone seeking the best Friedman porn title. I then discovered the Thomas Friedman Op-Ed Generator, which is inspired. And then for dessert, Tom Tomorrow does "Thomas Friedman, Private Eye." An embarrassment of riches.
What's on your minds?