Alright guys, this is it.
Big night for the forces of good. I hope the President had a Red Bull and a Five Hour Energy. (Personally I'd knee Romney in the nuts during the handshake -- that would be a take charge move, eh? I guess that explains why I am watching at home.)
In the immortal words of one of our more colorful clients, I'm as nervous as a virgin at a prison rodeo.
Here we go.
The Mittbot -- "I know what it takes to create jobs." I am just not going to tell you how.
Obama is speaking much more quickly and authoritatively. I think the audience is helpful to him -- it makes him less likely to withdraw into himself.
"What Governor Romney said just isn't true." "Governor Romney doesn't have a five point plan, he has a one point plan." "We have fought for four years to get out of this mess."
And blood has been let and Romney is unnerved.
(I believe I just heard a small whimper of satisfaction coming from Sully land.)
I don't think I'd want to be Mr. Gas.
Drill baby drill!
"Very little of what Governor Romney said is true." "I've tried to be consistent (instead of a lying ass bitch)."
Candy Crowley has effectively given up on controling the debate.
"It's conceivable that Governor Romney could bring down the price of gas -- by bringing back the policies that caused the economic problems to begin with."
Mmmmmmmm, wind jobs.
- No taxes on interest, dividends, and capital gains -- WTF?
- Governor Romney's allies in the Congress have held the 98% hostage for the 2%. Slams Romney for his tax fairness comment. Nice. Calls him on tax cuts bullshit.
- Obama managed to slide Planned Parenthood into an answer. I like that. He is doing a great job of dismantling the Romney flim flam on taxes.
- Finally a question about women in the work place. Obama gets to work the women in his life into the mix. It's a nice humanizing moment.
- Does Mitt seem patronizing in his response?
- Boy Obama is like a different guy tonight. He just zinged Romney on Lilly Ledbetter. And now he seques into abortion and contraception. And he ties it into economics. (My wife just sent hugs and kisses to the President.)
- Christ, where was this guy two weeks ago?
- President Bush and I are different people. And those were different times. These would be tax cuts in 2013 rather than in 2003.
- Wow, nice zinger from Obama on how Romney is worse than George Bush.
- Whose promises are going to help you.
- Immigration policy question. Mitt is going hard core. He's attacking Obama for not getting immigration reform through. The balls.
- Romney is such a lying sack of shit. I am sure that he is solidifiying his support with at least 15% of the Hispanic voters.
- Romney is a dick.
- He is here. Totally present.
- If the guy who asked the Libya question is an "undecided voter" then I'm Emma Watson.
- I will hunt them down and kill them.
- "Oh my God - he said apology tour." Go kick his ass.
- "Please proceed Governor." (You whiny little fuckstick.)
- If people got married before they had kids, no one would have AK-47s.
- I am running out of steam. Time to wrap it up, Candy. Regulations have quadrupled. This is bullshit.
- As is the notion that Obamacare has stopped businesses from hiring. It's a weird lie and non-sequitur built into one.
Boy Obama has remained really fully on top of this thing from moment one. He has been lively, responsive, appealing, and commanding throughout. If the talking heads call this a draw, it is bullshit.
- What a horrible final question. I hate crap like that so much -- Candy, why did you pick this nonsense?
- Let's take the bullshit question and turn it into closing statements. What the hell, why not.
- And nail the 47% as the final word. Nice.
I am very satisfied with the way that Obama handled himself. It will be interesting to see what the response is, particuarly in the polls the next couple of days.
What do you all think?
I didn't know Romney was into bindage. As well as wind jobs.