Our friend Jim Benton a/k/a "Prup" came up with the idea of creating a cabinet filled by bloggers, a possibly endlessly amusing game. I was taking a stab myself, although I found certain positions that I have no idea about. Who would be the Secretary of Defense plucked from amongst our brethren -- who would not just capitulate to the Islamofascist?. It's a tough one? Ditto Secretary of Commerce -- wouldn't we just abolish the position along with commerce itself?
Also, my list is way too laden with white dudes. I know that there are more women bloggers and bloggers of color who would enhance any cabinet, but I'm having a hard time coming up with those who have a distinct policy area -- likely the fault of not reading widely enough.
Anyway, here are a few thoughts, but I definitely want to hear your line-ups.
- Secretary of State - Josh Marshall - Why? Because I said so.
- Secretary of Treasury - Atrios - Really is there any other choice
- Sec. of Health and Human Services - Ezra Klein -- who else is going to read all those regs.
- Attorney General - Scott Lemieux -- And no, not a fucking chance.
- Secretary of Transportation - Matt Yglesias -- Supertrain! (Or maybe HUD)
- Secretary of the Interior - Our own minstrel hussein boy -- He's got the rez cred and he can cook.
- EPA Director - litbrit - She'd be all over those pollutin' muthafuckas
- Secretary of Education - ari -- Maybe he'd have to arm wrestle Eric Rauchway for it.
- Secretary of Labor - Who do you think? Nathan Newman, of course.
- Chairman of the EEOC - Pam Spaulding - (Chairperson?)
- Chairman of the Fed - Bill McBride of Calculated Risk
- National Endowment of the Arts - Roy Edroso
And how about Amanda as Chief of Staff -- she'd be tough with the right people -- and Markos as the DNC Chair.
How about your suggestions for fantasy blogger cabinet?